- Only have an experienced, reputable piercer change your body jewelry. (Jewelry has been alcohol sanitized only) Autoclave sterilization suggested before insertion.
- Remove Pregnancy Piercing from package
- Remove ends (pinch shaft at the base where you see the metal inserted, pull straight out. Ends are NOT Autoclaveable).
- Bring to a reputable piercing shop
- Autoclave (if you choose not to autoclave or if an autoclave machine is unavailable simply wash product with antibacterial soap and water before use)
- Cut to desired length - change piercing
- Depending on how long you've had your piercing, taper insertion may be necessary
- Carefully reinsert ends balls
More Safety Tips
- Only use in a healed piercing
- Have an experienced piercer change your piercing
- Always keep your piercing clean
- Change your piercing every 3 to 4 months
Clean Your Piercing Daily
- First wash your hands thoroughly. Never touch your piercing or jewelry with dirty hands.
- Saturate a cotton ball with warm water, and gently wipe away any "crusties" that have gathered around the piercing site. Throw the cotton ball away.
- Apply a generous amount of liquid soap into your hand, and apply to the piercing site and jewelry.
- Rinse the piercing and jewelry several times with warm water, ensuring that all soap has been removed.
- Dry your piercing with a clean towel.
Sea Salt Soaks 2-3 Times a Week
- Wash your hands thoroughly with an antibacterial or anti microbial soap.
- Place a pinch of sea salt in the bottom of a small disposable cup.
- Add hot tap water - as hot as you can stand - to the salt. Use about 3 ounces of water - which is just over half-full in a 5 ounce cup.
- If possible, invert the cup right over the piercing and allow it to stay there for 5 minutes. This usually works well with naval piercings. If you can't create a sufficient seal against the skin with the cup, then soak a cotton ball in the salt-water solution and apply the cotton ball to the piercing. When it cools down, throw it away and place a newly saturated cotton ball on the piercing. Do this for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the piercing with warm water and dry with a clean towel.